Friday, March 22, 2013

Dress Down Day

Today is Dress Down Day for the big kids... basically you pay .50 per kid so they don't have to dress in uniform... We made a deal with the kids, they could dress down, but it had to be in Shark football gear. :-).  Walking billboards anyone?
Here's my thoughts on dress down day...
1.  Why are we encouraging kids this young that it's fun to dress like a bum?  Yes, my kids were still in normal clothes, that fit, had belts on, and proper shoes... But some of the tshirts I saw when I got to the school this morning... just wow.  And the number of girls between the ages of 5 and 11 in leggings with their shirts not covering their toushies... it was ridiculous.

2.  Why can't children just be encouraged to always look their best?  It's taking me a long time to grasp the concept of "look better, feel better"... but now I swear by it.  There's days that I will stop my day in the middle of a bad day and shower, do my hair and put on makeup... it's like a restart to the day.

3.  Just why.  That's it. I just didn't want tot fight about sleeves and jackets and tucking in shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment