Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Deuteronomy... today!

My weekly Bible Study right now is a Bible Study on the book of Deuteronomy.... written and video lectured by Beth Moore...

What a study.  It's amazing to me to see the relativity of an OLD book in the Bible and has much it has to say to us today.  It's crazy, each week (and I've only been to two lessons!) it's like God looked at my life, figured out exactly what I needed to hear and had Beth say it.  A few highlights that have spoken directly to me and therefore I want to share with you...

1.  Yes... I took a picture of the page in my Bible... and sent it to Nathan at work.  The verses are Deuteronomy 6:4-9.  What is says, in loose translation with my own thoughts added in is this...  "Listen to me! You are my people and I'm talking to you as the only God you have.  LISTEN!  Love me.  That's all I really ask of you to do is to love ME first!  and then teach me to your children.  DILIGENTLY, not lazily, not haphazardly, but DILIGENTLY." Wow, what a reminder.  I know I as a parent get sucked into thinking that my most important job is to care for my children, but God said it right there, my most important job is to teach my children about Him.  And another thought, thanks to Mrs. Moore that I think I should share with you... when you love something/someone, it's easy to tell the whole world, so why is it so flipping hard to tell others about Christ?  Are we (AM I?) putting Him first always, in my thoughts, in my actions... etc... Yeah, I don't like the 2x4 either.

2.  This weeks lesson was about wealth and abundance, not the physical riches kind... but it reminded me of Esther.  God put her in a position of great importance in Persia, "for such a time as this".  Her important time was to save the Jewish community from mass death at the hands of the Persian government, and she stood up to those in authority and stopped the massacre.  I'm really feeling like my time is now, on our football field.  Yup, I'm crazy thinking that God might care about our little football field, but I really don't think I am.  If God knows each hair on my head, what color it's supposed to be, each bird that is in the sky, the number of grains of sand on the beach... yup, I think he cares about the football field where his children are as well.  So, for such a time as this.  I said the other day that there's some big drama and changes happening on the field.  I think that's why we've been called there now.  For this time, when the needs and safety and lives of the children that have been entrusted to us have the opportunity to be changed for Good!  Like it says in Romans 8:28... "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."  All things. Even the drama on a football field.  If we are following Him and His calling, it will ALL work together for good.  All of it.  for Good.  What an encouragement and a flame to keep burning.  Strength to continue.

May you find yourself in the place God has called you to be,
so that you can participate WITH God in the display of His glory.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment