Monday, March 18, 2013

Busy busy busy

Wow.   Life has gotten CRAZY!!!

I decided that my life needed to settle a little bit, so the big kids started public school.  Not overly proud of the decision based on the educational opportunity, but for our family, for now, I really think that it's the right decision.  Now, I can be a mom without spending my mornings yelling and threatening and stressing and crying about schoolwork getting done and the lack of obedience, etc...
I don't think the big kids mind the new school... uniforms and all...


Somehow in the last few weeks, the big boy turned 9.  I cannot believe that he's that old... I guess it helps that he really hasn't changed sizes since he was about 5... I mean, he's gotten taller, but his waist hasn't changed :-)  His birthday cake... a Cowboys jersey with his current football number "9"... and HIS name, because he's cooler than Romo... his words...


Politics of Youth Football... deserves its own blog.  Yup I said blog. Not even just blog post, but it's own blog.  I just don't understand the politics... it's all about the kids right?  And 98% of us on the field would never have even met much less be friends... except for football.  So yeah, that's been a little stressful, but without fighting through the muck, it will never get better...

And finally, a bit of family fun... yesterday a fantastic family from our football field (see that!  never would've met them with football!) invited us over for St Patrick's Day.  What a blast!  Cannot wait to get us all together again! 
As you slide the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment