Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Calendar

My calendar is a disaster.  It's color coded craziness that not many people would find organized or even usable.  It's a google calendar that is linked both to my phone and to Nathan's and accessible to us anywhere online that we can log into google.  It had everything on it... Nathan's work schedule for both jobs... in his color.  My schedule for inputting Avon orders in it's own color.  The kids school schedule in the big kid colors, the little girls appointment schedule in their colors.  Under tasks is my menu plan, which is a rough plan lined out until New Year's Eve.  It has both youth and high school (JV & V) football games and meetings in practices... placed on the right persons calendar, but each football event is in the appropriate blue (light blue for Bubba's team and royal blue for Nathan's teams) It's highlighted the weekends that the big kids are home... those are the happiest weekends, that's why they get a bright and shiny color :-).  It's a mess, but it keeps me going where I need to go.  I can glance at the calendar, check the colors on any given day and know exactly what I'm dealing with those days.

Looking over my calendar again so I could write that all out for Kristina... I realized that my color code is the one that's really lacking on the calendar.  Carving out "Mommy Time" is currently next to impossible, BUT I will say that I'm proud of myself.  There are these two bright little boxes, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings that say, "Mommy Work Out".  What bright spots in my day, meeting up with friends who are just as busy as I am and working out.  Doing something to make ourselves better, both as women and as mommies.  Thank goodness for a fenced in playground with room for us to work out while watching our little kids while our big boys practice with their football teams.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if any of the other mom's on the football field would be interested in a Bible Study... I mean really, we are there 4 days a week for practice, and only 2 are taken up by mommy workouts... Off to research what studies are out there that we might do that don't involve videos...

until next time... Hey mommies, don't forget to take some time for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment