Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'm Sorry

I'm sorry I've neglected you... what few readers there may be of you...

I guess it's been long enough that a full blown update is necessary.

Summer time is officially over in our house.  Bubba is back to football practice 4 nights a week, we have no cheerleaders this year, and well... the baby is no longer a baby... she's WALKING!!

On the subject of faith... we're in the search for a new church home.  Somewhere that's loving, and accepting and leans toward family and missions.  Somewhere that my grandmother would've attended.  That mixes worship music between new and old... where they aren't afraid to pick up a hymnal... where they teach the Bible, nothing more and nothing less.  I'll be the first one to admit I like a good Bible study that someone else wrote... BUT Biblically based and truthful is a MUST.  I wish that the idyllic church in my memory (I know that in reality it wasn't all that I thought it was) from when I was young was still around.  It all goes back to faith... the evidence of things not seen, the trust that the Man in a book written thousands of years ago who died so that I might see Heaven was truly who He said He was and that one day I will join Him there.  I just want to find a church where I don't feel lost in the crowd where I can worship and serve Him.

Ahh.... the homefront... our family is crazy.  It's official.  We spent the majority of the summer traveling.  For football, for training meetings, for Father's Day and my birthday, and yet somehow, we never left the state!!  The boy has started his first season of 11 man tackle football.  He's worked his way into the position of starting cornerback, and is currently the long-snapper and the back up center; not bad for a 9 yr old who only weighs 56lbs!  Princess #1 is well... she's blonde.  Still spacing out about everything... but if for some reason I can't find her during the day, I know just where she is... she's curled up in the papason chair with a book.  Most recently she's found the Ramona Quimby series, that we own because I earned one of them in a contest in my classroom in 2nd Grade.  That's my girl, always with her nose in a book!  Princess #2 is doing well.  She's very 3.  Independent, yet needy; loving, but watch out for that attitude; a great big sister, but really wants to be the center of attention...   and well... Princess #3 has started walking.  Go ahead and read that as... she's into everything and of 4 kids, our first climber.  Yup, she's even been found on the bottom bunk of her sister's beds.  Just keep praying for me, because well, I need it.

Football is currently the biggest time suck on our calendar!  Imagine that right.  Daddy's schedule is crazy as a coach trying to get our team turned around to be better than the last however many years of not so greatness.  Even now he's at his second overnight football camp of the summer... and well, I'm kinda over it.  NOT because I don't support him, and NOT because I don't like football, but dang it, I miss my man.  The first camp this summer was the longest we haven't seen each other since we MET!  and that is well, for the birds!  When we do something, our family is all in, all together!  and currently we aren't together and mommy doesn't like it.  (Sorry, I just really needed to whine!) 

Truth be told, don't look at my calendar.  It's hyper organized and color coded and even includes meal plans for the next three or four weeks... but it's scary, especially to anyone who sees it who doesn't know me.  I've learned over the years that I'm probably (definitely) diagnosable with ADD and who knows what else.  But, as I've studied and learned and even while I was dealing with the boy and his ADHD needs... I've learned to force my brain to control the random.  One of the ways I do that is my big huge hyper organized calendar.  If I had to go without my calendar or my budget, it would be ugly.  And ugly is saying it nicely!  I can't function.... It's rather sad actually and probably made for a rather boring summer for the kids, thanks to my need to plan EVEYTHING!

All that said... I'll tell you about my meal planning tomorrow... for once I actually think I like everything on it and won't be switching things out like a looney bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment