Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Menu Plan...

Oh goodness... a menu, for a house with this many mouths, is interesting!! Trying to find foods that everyone likes, or at least doesn't hate... and do it cheaply... it can definitely be a struggle.  I went grocery shopping on Monday and challenged myself to only cook from what we have in the house for the rest of the month... with the exception of milk, eggs, and fresh produce.  So... here's what we're eating...

W. Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
R. Taco Salad
F. Italian Sub Layer Bake
S. **Party Elsewhere**
S. Mexican Hats
M. Broccoli Cheese Soup
T. Beef & Bean Taco Casserole
W. Spaghetti
R. Leftovers!!
F. **Not Home**
S. Chicken Noodle Casserole
S. Smoked Pork
M. Corndog Muffins
T. Fake Lasagna
W. Breakfast for Dinner!
R. Leftovers!!
F. **Football Game!!**
S. Sandwiches
S. Pork Chops
M. Pot Roast
T. ...
W. Meatloaf
R. ...
F. **Football Game!!**
S. ...
S. Smoked Pork

Ok, so I'm missing dinners for three days, but I'm sure I can find something. LOL!  I've been shopping the sales at WinnDixie all summer, and there's a pretty good stockpile of meats in the freezer... I know I have all the meats I need for what's on the list... and then some!  and well, my pantry is pretty full as well.  What I'm not liking about this plan of not shopping the sales this month... is that I really like my Fuel Perks!  I like earning money off my gas bill just by grocery shopping... and well, when you drive a vehicle as large and gas guzzling as mine, every little bit helps!!

If you read this and want a recipe, please let me know... AND even more... if you have a recipe you'd like to share, please send it to me!  My family actually rather enjoys being guinea pigs for new recipes!

2 comments:

  1. It's just menu planning dad... not a weight loss menu. It helps me keep on track and eat out of the freezer instead of running to the grocery store, or going out to eat simply because I don't know what I want to cook...

    ReplyDelete