Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I Stand Amazed

The old song says, "I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene, and wonder how He could love me, a sinner condemned unclean."  As we've been trying to help a family with a hog problem on their property, I have again been reminded how truly amazing God is.  Think about it... God created a world for us to live in. On this planet He created life cycles, food chains, all of nature sings to His glory.

This morning's reason for standing amazed is simple.  We set a hog trap.  It's a solid trap, about 4 ft tall and 6 ft wide... and big enough to hold a FEW hogs.  We got a text message that the door was closed, but there was nothing in the trap, so we went to check it out.  When we looked, we saw that the plate that our bait was set on was torn up, the trap door was shut, and there was no pig?!  What?!  U[on further inspection, the pig we caught was big and mean.  It's tracks that we found made my size 9 1/2s look SMALL.  This pig had busted out the side of the trap we set.  Now this trap is very sturdy, 1/4" fencing stapled to a 2x4 frame.  And this pig ripped the fencing nails out, and pushed the caging back so that it could escape!  I cannot wait to get this pig.  It's going to be especially yummy :-)!

And yes... I know that I need a pedicure... lol. It'll wait til I get around to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment