Monday, June 2, 2014

Phone Calls

Anyone who has known me for any period of time knows that I hate talking on the phone... I despise it.  Half the time I can't hear what someone is saying, usually because one of the bunch is yelling, sometimes because I just can't hear, sometimes because well, I'll admit it, I tend to multitask a LOT and I get distracted by the things that are in front of me rather than the voice on the other end of the phone.  Most phone calls, I let them go to voice mail, because I have no clue who it is that might be calling me.  Recently though, I've learned to jump and answer when the phone rings!  Remember when we all had corded phones and no Caller ID and always jumped and ran to the phone to see who might be on the other end?!  Yup, I"m turning into that girl again!  I remember when I was little it was usually my grandmother or my best friend down the street calling.  Now, I jump and run because it might be a Doctor's office!  I thought about this because the Neonatologist office just called.  I was getting all jittery and excited waiting for the phone to actually connect so I could talk to the receptionist... wondering if maybe, just maybe, the meeting of the high degreed, well practiced, smarter than me doctors was this morning. You see, when this meeting happens, they will be discussing Alexander's health and a proposed treatment plan for him, and discussing when will be the best time to schedule his arrival!  So, I answered, all excited to hear what Jessica had to say.  Yes, I knew who was calling before I answered since she is the only one who has ever called me from that office, and I have her direct line stored in my phone ;-).  So, are you excited yet?!  It was a really dull conversation, she just needed to change the time of our appointment, at the doctor's request, but no other information.  Just changed the time, which makes for a shorter day in Orlando, so there's always a bright side :-).

Now, if I could just figure out a way to turn the rest of the week of the doctor appointments on Tuesday and Hubby's work conference on Friday and Saturday into a vacation... I would so love to take the kids to the Tampa Aquarium and the Orlando Science Center...

Off to do some research into CHEAP tickets and a hotel room :-)... Hey, a mom can dream right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment