Friday, May 2, 2014

When it Rains...

... it Pours!

My garage is drenched.  Not to the point of mostly unsalvageable, but at 5:15 this morning... I would have sworn that I could swim in it!!

Hubby got in the shower this morning and was telling me that he didn't need coffee, he was wide awake thanks to only having cold water... so, I headed to the garage, like any good wife would.  (Started the coffee pot on my way past it ;-)).  We both figured the hot water heater had blown. Well, it's not the hot water heater... I walked in the garage to the sounds of a waterfall!  Apparently, before the washer filled to rinse the diapers for the final time... the hot water hose burst off the back of the washer!  It's connection was apparently rusty, and it had been running, for I don't even know exactly for sure how long, but probably since somewhere near 7 last night... I'm calling the water company later to see what kind of grace they will give us on our bill... So, long story short, waterfall, drywall (wetwall?), rusted tight valves that hubby had to break to turn the water to the washer off but leave the water to the house running... and I called the plumber as soon as they opened.  Add to that the fact that one kiddo woke up puking... and has continued to vomit, and it's going to be a very interesting day!!

But, God is good, He's got this too...

No comments:

Post a Comment